Wednesday, January 27, 2010

LILY HU is a student who had a co-op placement with LKTYP.

Alas, my co-op placement has come to an end. After 4 months of a cozy snuggle with the greatest children’s theatre ever, I have no choice but to crawl out of its comforting arms. I had some really memorable moments at the LKTYP theatre.

I remember the first week, where I actually cried reading the Hana’s Suitcase script. One of the reasons why I love theatre is because of the talented playwrights that can tell stories so effectively and leave the reader feeling like something suddenly clicked inside of them.

As a coop student, I had the pleasure of being able to roam around the theatre and poke my head into interesting workspaces. Watching the process of bringing plays to life was really awesome. To be able to see a theatre space go from dull and lifeless, to a stunning visual work of art was quite exciting. The artists at LKTYP are really amazing at what they do. It seems to be that everyone at the theatre is hand selected from the most elite pool of talent or something. They all play such vital roles to making the theatre so worthwhile.

I really do believe that my purpose in life is to be involved in the arts. I may not know exactly what my focus in life will be, but I have a general idea of the things that make me happy, and will continue to seek opportunities that fulfill that desire. As long as I am exposed to creativity, I think I’m going to be just fine.

I wouldn’t change my decision for one second to have done coop at LKTYP. I learned so much about myself, and what I need to do in order to be the greatest me that I can be.

I LOVE LKTYP.

Lily

PS. Dead Mao Five is pretty cool too.

No comments:

Post a Comment