Friday, May 1, 2009

Good thing I did...

I was a newcomer when I decided to volunteer for Lorraine Kimsa Theatre for Young People. I have never had a theatre background I just thought it would be nice to see a place that I would not normally think twice to enter. Good thing I did because I have learned a lot from the staff at the theatre.Volunteering has assisted in building up my confidence by making me aware that there isn't that big a difference in how everyone does things. I initially thought that maybe people were into witchcraft or something - so it has leveled the plain so to speak. The reason why I choose volunteering was to get some form of work experience in Canada and the theatre was very conveniently located to where I live and where I used to spend most of my free time - that is the library. I found a flyer that was recruiting for volunteers and I thought I should give it a shot since I had some time to free. My goals for volunteering are to gain skills that would be able to secure me a job. The most important aspect I get from volunteering is the sense of doing something. Because I have always been an active person, volunteering just helps me get that feeling of being proactive.

-Ibrahim

No comments:

Post a Comment